The goal of the Hand Clinic of Austin is to provide you with caring and effective treatment. To fully benefit from therapy, we would like you to become familiar with our services, to know what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
PHILOSOPHY OF CARE
- Our goal is to empower you with knowledge. By fully understanding your condition, you will be better able to participate in your own recovery. Feel free to ask questions about your diagnosis.
- We strive to create a relaxed and supportive environment. Please let us know how we can make you more comfortable.
- In order to fully benefit from therapy, it is important to attend therapy sessions consistently and perform your home program as prescribed by your therapist.
- If you feel therapy is not meeting your needs, please bring it to our attention. We’ll be happy to modify your program to ensure a successful recovery.
UPCOMING APPOINTMENTS & ATTENDANCE
- Please arrive on time for your appointments. If you are more than 15 minutes late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
- For treatment to be effective and covered by insurance, it is important for you to be treated consistently. If you are unable to attend an appointment, please call us at least 24 hours in advance and reschedule (preferably within the same week).
- Missing more than three scheduled appointments without advance notice may result in scheduling your appointments on a day-to-day basis or cancellation of future appointments.
FOLLOW-UP VISITS WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN
- We periodically assess your progress and send reports to your physician. Please advise us of all upcoming appointments with your physician.
- We understand that childcare is not always possible. If you are unable to have your child cared for during your next appointment, we would appreciate if you could bring a responsible family member or friend to watch your child in the waiting room. Our staff is not permitted to provide child care.
- It is your responsibility to verify that hand therapy is covered by your insurance carrier. Please note that hand therapy is billed under either occupational or physical therapy when checking with your insurance company.
- It is also important to determine the number of visits and/or the dollar limit permitted in a calendar year.
- As a courtesy, within a week of your first appointment, our front office staff will contact your insurance company to verify therapy eligibility and benefits. If your insurance company requires prior authorization, please ensure that this has been addressed by your physician/practitioner’s office.
- If you have an emergency, please see a physician or visit the hospital immediately.
- For your non-emergency pain, Fast Track is the right path.
- Call the clinic at 444-HAND (4263) to schedule your appointment to see a doctor within 24 hours.
- After seeing a doctor, we can have you in therapy, on your road to recovery the next business day.
- Call us with pain on Monday, and you can be in Therapy by Thursday!
- In order to attend therapy you need to be referred by a physician.
- As a patient it is completely your choice to choose a physician and where you recieve therapy.
- If you are having any pain or any type of injury and need some direction our therapists will insure you receive the best care with our fast track program.
- Once you are referred, your therapist will work closely with your physician to insure optimum results.